Sell Us Your Books!
Good Books In The Woods pays cash for used books and for collectible/rare/scarce books. We only buy what we want. We buy individual books and entire libraries. We can and do make housecalls all over the greater Houston area. Housecalls are only for collections of 300 used books or more or for collectible/scarce/rare books .
We make cash purchases throughout the year. If you have what we’re looking for, we’re ready to buy it.
If you'd like to try to sell us your books, and you have fewer than 300 of them, the process is:
- Bring your books to us during our regular business hours. No appointment is needed.
- Please make sure you box your books so that you can bring them into our store without assistance. I will help you with the books if I can, but if I have customers in the store, or am on the phone, it's up to you to bring the books in. Books can be very heavy so please pack them accordingly.
- Once the books are in my store, I'll give you an estimate on how long it will take for me to go through them. It's an estimate only as my paying customers have priority. Most people choose to leave their books with me and come back later although you are welcome to stay in the store if you wish. Please do not bring books in 5 minutes before I close and expect me to go through them immediately.
- After I go through your books, I'll separate them into 2 categories - the books I want, and the books I don't. I'll make you a cash offer on the books I want. You accept the offer or decline it as you wish.
- Any books that are still yours, either because I didn't want them or you declined my offer, are yours to remove from my store. I regret that I do not have the physical space to store your books for you.
- I price books individually - the original publisher's list price is meaningless. Many paperbacks that originally sold for $9 new are now worth less than $1 full retail. On the other hand, a true first edition of Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea in dust jacket originally sold for $3.50, it's worth $800 today if it's clean.
If you have any of the above books and would like to sell them, please contact us. If you call outside of our business hours and would like to talk to us ASAP, please call Jay on his personal cell phone.
Store Phone 281-298-2497
Jay's Cell 949-709-0666
Please note that we do not buy textbooks, encyclopedias, or romance. We also do not buy books in poor condition.